Friday, March 09, 2007

night mares and charlie horses

this piece represents the time i spent in december and january dealing with a pinched nerve in my back. i continually had charlie horses, running from my waist to my toes on my right side.

this is done in a composition book w/ acrylic paint as the background and prang colored pencils for the landscape. the landscape was sprayed w/ matte finish to keep the colored pencil from rubbing off. the horses were done w/ a black sharpie marker.

i decided not to write on the page, but just to let the picture tell the story.

if you want to read the whole story that goes to this picture -- you can find it at hand in hand.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a story! I can empathize with the pain so much. Not back pain but monthly pain that feels like going thru labor all over again. No kidding. I'm glad you're feeling better, because all pain does is cause stress and stress is bad, bad, bad. I like your painting that was inspired by your ordeal. The colors are beautiful! Something wonderful came out of all that ugliness.

Sat Mar 10, 02:34:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the pic and glad the horses are gone.

love mr wonderful

Sat Mar 10, 04:02:00 PM CST  
Blogger Robyn said...

This is very good, Jill. I love the colouring and the story of the painting. Great stuff.

Sat Mar 10, 04:03:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great!!

Sat Mar 10, 04:15:00 PM CST  
Blogger laserone_ said...

Wow, this is really great! I love when people use photos to convey a story or emotion or experience.

Sat Mar 10, 05:04:00 PM CST  
Blogger Linda said...

Jill -- this is an awesome journal page!

Sat Mar 10, 07:44:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home