Wednesday, March 28, 2007

pink flamingos to count

this comp book page was inspired by a conversation/debate i had w/ my kids several years ago about what i would do when they were grown and no longer needed a "mother". i was somewhat joking at the time, but sometimes those things that are said begin to take on a life and meaning of their own that increases their importance in life.

if you want to read the whole story, you can find it at my personal blog.

this page has an acrylic painted background, flamingos printed out on photo paper from my printer, flamingo legs penciled in w/ a black prang colored pencil, and writing done w/ a ZIG pen. the painted page was sprayed w/ a thin coat of matte sealant, which made it hard to get the ZIG pen to write on. i ended up writing over it w/ a black sharpie marker b/c i felt the ZIG pen wasn't going to stay put. after another coat of spray matte sealant, i then used future floor wax on the page as the final sealant.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful flamingos! The color is just perfect.

Sat Mar 31, 04:50:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am dreaming of where you are...
5 years to go!

Sat Mar 31, 05:25:00 PM CDT  
Blogger jill said...

maybe you better read the post over on my personal blog to get the full story! you sound like another disillusioned mother who thinks she's going to get time off some day!

Sat Mar 31, 05:29:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Warren Bunch said...

Yeah, because once you get your kids grown and gone, they start having kids of their own, and then you can't leave. I don't think my mom could be away from the girls for more than just a few days without missing them too badly!

Sat Mar 31, 07:02:00 PM CDT  
Blogger mARTa said...

I love it! I've been working on flamingos this weekend too! Yours are fun! i'll have to go back and read your story. my kids are grown, out of the house and no grandkids yet....ah..this is the life!

Sat Mar 31, 09:39:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home