Monday, March 19, 2007

first altered book tip-in -- purple


about 3 years ago, when i first headed into creative pursuits for personal pleasure, i became interested in altered books. i didn't have "experience" doing altered books, but i figured "how hard could it be?"

so i signed up for a tip-in swap, where each person makes a certain number of pages in the assigned topic and sends in to the swap hostess. the hostess then sorts out the pages, swaps them out, and mails them back to each participant.

the rules are to leave a 1/2" space on the left of the page where the receiver can glue this page into an existing book. the topic was "purple".

on the first side, i found pictures of beautiful purple things and then found words associated with the color purple. i created a collage of the pictures and words and scanned it into my computer. then i fed the book pages thru the printer and printed out copies of my collaged page on each of the pages i was going to submit.

on the back of the page, i printed out a beautiful sunset w/ purple colors in it and glued to the book page. then, i cut out and glued pictures of the "most famous hug/kiss" from the cover of life magazine, glued more words associated w/ purple and passon, and then tied a small metal heart to purple string to dangle from the kissing couple.

i was very happy w/ my first attempt at altered books and couldn't wait to get back my swapped pages to see what every else had done. it was a great experience and lots of fun!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bijoy said...

interesting stuff you have got here keep up the good work.be in touch kewl blog like to visit more


regards Biby - Blog

Mon Mar 19, 11:02:00 AM CDT  
Blogger laserone_ said...

Oh wow, that looks like a lot of fun! I actually went back to the library and RE-took out that book on altered art that I once borrowed, so that I could take a closer look at it. It looks like so much fun to do. :)

Tue Mar 20, 03:27:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Warren Bunch said...

I love that pic of the couple (how scandalous for the time!) but I really liked the page overall, too!

Tue Mar 20, 08:20:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an interesting concept. These are really cool!

Wed Mar 21, 08:07:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Linda Kinsella said...

As a purple lover. I think your pages are great. I have been interested in altered books for a while but have not tried them. I think I will have to now!

Wed Mar 21, 02:42:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home