Monday, March 19, 2007

all by myself

december was a hard month, w/ the back injury and loss of the holiday activities w/ my family. i was pretty much just left alone, lying on my stomach while other people went on w/ their lives, and i wanted certain people to just leave me/us alone totally, saving us the trouble of dealing w/ their drama and idiocy.

this comp book page has an acrylic painted background with a couple of colors mixed together for variation. the picture was taken from a national geographic and glued on after painting. the writing was done w/ sharpie markers and the final finish on the page was done w/ future floor wax.

if you want to read more of the story, you can find it over here.

2 Comments:

Blogger laserone_ said...

This is wonderful. I am also struggling w/ some family member(s) and I draw a line where I say I can't worry about it anymore. But then they hurt me and it still hurts. It's hard to deal with sometimes. I love how you are using art to express these things. This is a beautiful piece. :)

Tue Mar 20, 03:33:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Robyn said...

I love what you have done with these pages, Jill. I think that this is what I started out to do with journaling but have never been able to. Congrats on your achievement.

Wed Mar 21, 05:23:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home