Monday, January 24, 2011

dandelion dreams

this journal page in one that i did in a composition notebook w/ painted pages. i just go through painted pages randomly, using up old paint or paint that i'm just about out of. then when i want to work on something, i flip through and find a color or color combination that seems to motivate me or match an idea i had. then i can start work on my new idea and play w/ it.

one of my favorite spring/summer activities is playing w/ dandelions w/ my little granddaughters. we pick the beautiful yellow flowers and make bouquets of them for the table, plus we pick the puffballs and blow the seeds into the wind.

this page background is done, so this spring/summer when we do this activity . . . i'll get some current pictures of the girls doing this and post on this page. something about these little activities that just seem to carry so many memories w/ them!

on this page, the background is painted in various shades of greens. i used fat prang colored pencils for the dandelion puffball drawing and the lettering. it has also been sprayed w/ kumar fixative to keep the colored pencil from blurring. picture created 11/2010 over thanksgiving weekend. this idea came to me as something i was thankful for having in my life.

8 Comments:

Blogger PaulineC said...

What a great idea. Love your dandelion picture.

Tue Jan 25, 11:04:00 AM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful page! I can see it with the photos, and some writing...a beautiful recording of a day! I never thought of doing the background so far in advance, but it makes sense!

Tue Jan 25, 03:31:00 PM CST  
Blogger Barbara B said...

Thanks for sharing your process. It gives me more tools to work with. Plus, I love the little dandylion seeds blowing in the breeze.

Tue Jan 25, 03:53:00 PM CST  
Blogger A Little Bit of Me-Time said...

That's a gorgeous page! I love your colors and the flower is so pretty, well done.
Michelle

Tue Jan 25, 06:01:00 PM CST  
Blogger Mersea said...

What an interesting thought! It could be set up to be journaled on.

Wed Jan 26, 08:37:00 AM CST  
Blogger Alex said...

Lovely. After seeing your green pages, I have to say again that green is definitely my favorite color =)

Wed Jan 26, 07:45:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! what a wonderful idea for journaling!

Sat Jan 29, 12:30:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, I love this site.

Fri Feb 25, 12:07:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home