Thursday, October 13, 2005

where do we go from here?


where do we go from here? probably the page that i was most proud of when i finished it, and it happened as an accident. this is a picture of jerry and me at the park recently on a sunday afternoon w/ my family. i had printed the picture out on a tranparency in the inkjet printer and transferred it to the page. i wasn't really happy w/ that total image, though, as it wasn't very dark where our faces were and it was hard to "see" us. i had several prints made from this picture, and i happened to have some w/ me. i thought to use a 4 x 6 print in the middle of the picture -- knowing it wouldn't "fit" properly but hoping it would look like it had been pulled out of the picture. the size of the picture just didn't work for me, so i decided to try one of the wallets that i had in my bag. amazingly, the wallet fit perfectly against the transfer. i couldn't have done that if i had tried it on 17 different attempts, but accidentally i ended up w/ a page that fit perfectly together! h-m-m-m, is that an omen?

writing was done w/ a fine point sharpie marker, background was inkjet transparency transfer, and wallet-sized photo ordered online from walmart.com.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Ths looks really nice.

Just come over to your blog via Every Day Matters. Welcome to the group. I'm curious as to what you mean by an 'ink jet transparency transfer'. Can you let us know how you do it?

Now I'm going to have a look round the rest of your blog

Mon Oct 31, 05:28:00 PM CST  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Oops, just read your earlier post that tell us how to do it!

Mon Oct 31, 05:31:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey this looks great...somethng for me to have a go at - would make great personalised christmas cards I think...

I am on PI with you.

Sun Oct 08, 01:51:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home