Saturday, June 09, 2007

a bit of an explorer

inspire me thursday -- 06/07/07

"This week let’s be inspired by world travelers. Nomads, wanderers, adventure seekers, gypsy souls. Are you a bit of a nomad… or perhaps someone you know? Find inspiration in never ending wanderlust, exploring the world, journeying through different cultures and geography."


i had created this piece to show the place of my dreams -- a great street bike and the peace/solitude to ride it through interesting and mysterious places. the freedom to not plan in advance where i'm going, but just see where the road and the adventure takes me. i'm such a planner, though, that i don't know if i could actually leave on a trip and not have plans made!

i have a terrible time w/ spring fever and wrote about it on my other blog -- wanderlust. now that my children are grown, i could technically get started on this adventure. but now i have jerry and the little granddaughters that seem to keep me tied to home where i wouldn't want to be gone for the summer. this dream, though, of taking off on my bike and exploring for the summer is what kept me going through many years of single-parenting.

this page is composed of 2 photos -- 1 of the road and 1 of the motorcycle. i put the pictures together using paintshop pro 8. wish it were just 1 picture of MY bike headed down the road and me ready to get on it and go!

11 Comments:

Blogger Patricia J. Mosca said...

Let the wind carry you whenever it may! Wonderful piece and I know that feeling!! But perhaps a short trip would be nice!!

Sat Jun 09, 12:19:00 PM CDT  
Blogger megan said...

I'm with Pattie...nothing wrong with baby steps! Also liked the thought that a vision of your dream carried you through challenging times. They do that!

Sat Jun 09, 05:29:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to fight the planner/organizer bug too. Nice way to represent your dream.

Sun Jun 10, 07:52:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i too want you to go with your dream. i hope we can do it together. love jerry

Sun Jun 10, 05:59:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Warren Bunch said...

I love you!!! I guess I would still have to love you even if you go on a "long" trip... But 2 weeks is it! That's all I'll allow!!! The girls will miss you!

Sun Jun 10, 10:03:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

This was such a great post and an intriguing photo.

Sun Jun 10, 11:56:00 PM CDT  
Blogger House on the Vaal said...

I can see the front wheel aiming for the woods. This is a really nice vision you've got there.

Mon Jun 11, 09:53:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Love it! The bike is ready to go, all you have to do is hop on...

Mon Jun 11, 03:25:00 PM CDT  
Blogger caseytoussaint said...

I love what you've done on this post - the photo really draws you in, and you right beautifully about wanderlust.

Tue Jun 12, 03:06:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Heartful said...

That path into the woods is sooooo tempting!!

Tue Jun 12, 04:00:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like a brilliant idea! My motorcycle is sick right now though and needs a doctor. However, when she is well I hope to find many a path as this one.

Tue Jun 12, 07:10:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home